- "Eliminate the Debt Ceiling." Project Syndicate, 31 January 2023.
- Interview in Ellhauge, Michael Calvo Elhauge. "The New Cold War – Geopolitical Macroeconomic Impact of the Ukrainian Crisis." Impact Wealth, 16 May 2022.
- "The Trouble with Argentina." Project Syndicate, 20 January 2022. With Anne C. Sibert.
- "Public Debate on the Review of the EU Economic Governance." 21 December 2021.
- "Biden's Fuzzy Tax Math." Project Syndicate, 29 April 2021. With Anne Sibert.
- "Why Punish Corporations for Their Employees’ Crimes?" Project Syndicate, 3 November 2020. With Anne Sibert.
- "The Eurosystem: An Accident Waiting to Happen." Project Syndicate, 1 October 2020.
- "Willem H. Buiter Says More." Interview, Project Syndicate, 22 September 2020.
- "Paying for the COVID-19 Pandemic Will Be Painful." Financial Times, 15 May 2020.
- "Ukraine's Biggest Challenges Are Political." Kyiv Post, 12 May 2020.
- "Germany’s Judges Declare War on the ECB." Project Syndicate, 5 May 2020.
- "The Problem with MMT." Project Syndicate, 4 May 2020.
- "Pandemic Socialism." Project Syndicate, 9 April 2020.
- "To Fight the COVID Pandemic, Policymakers Must Move Fast and Break Taboos." Vox, 6 April 2020. With Sony Kapur.
- "Piketty's Latest Charge."Project Syndicate, 13 March 2020.
- "The Wealth and Health of Nations." Project Syndicate, 10 March 2020.
- "Making the Best of a Bad Brexit." Project Syndicate, 27 December 2019.
Political Risks and a Global Soft Landing." With Tina
Fordham. Citi GPS, Global Perspectives and Solutions, May 6, 2019. With Tina
- "The Financial System Ten
Years After The Financial Crisis: Lessons Learnt." Paper presented
at the NAEC Group Meeting. OECD, Paris, 13 September
- The Public Wealth of Cities: How to Turn
Around Cities' Fortunes by Unlocking Public Assets.
Citi GPS: Global Perspectives & Solutions, March
2018. With Dag Detter, Stefan Folster, Vikram Rai and John B.
- "Introduction." To Dag Detter
Fölster The Public Wealth of Nations;
the Value of Global Public Assets, Citi GPS: Global Perspectives and Solutions, June 2015.
It To The
Streets: What the New Vox Populi Risk Means for Politics, the Economy
and Markets." Citi GPS: Global Perspectives
& Solutions, May 2014.With Tina M. Fordham, Matthew P. Dabrowski,
Robert Buckland and Edward L. Morse.
Terrible Consequences of a Eurozone Collapse." Financial Times,
7 December 2011.
from the Global Financial Crisis for Regulators and Supervisors."
In Henning Klodt and Harment Lehment, eds. The
E-book: Kiel Institute for the World Economy, November 2009, pp. 57–82.
from the Financial Crisis for Social Democrats." Background
Dr. J.M. Den Uyllezing, de Rode Hoed, Amsterdam, 15 December 2008.
Paulson Plan: A Useful First Step but Nowhere Near Enough." VoxEU, 25 September 2008.
North Atlantic Financial Crisis." Conference Paper. The Role of Money Markets. Columbia
Business School and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, New York, 29–30 May
Dangerous Protectionism of Barack Obama." VoxEU, 26 February 2008. With Anne C. Sibert.
- "Lessons from the 2007 Financial Crisis." Paper
submitted in evidence to the UK Treasury Select Committee in connection
with an appearance before the Committee, 13 November 2007. Abstract.
Policy Insight No. 18, December 2007.
the NHS Out of Its
Misery and Allow Competition." Comment. Daily
Telegraph. Business News, 3 September 2007. With Anne C. Sibert.
to Starve the
Terrorists of Funds: Legalise All Drugs." Financial
Comments & Analysis page, 7 August 2007.
Constitution Must Be Approved by Referendum." Financial
Times. Leaders & Letters page, 5 June 2007.
Recommendations Outside its Remit." Financial Times.
Leaders & Letters page, 12 March 2007.
the UK Can be Financed With Taxes that Do not Exceed 33 Per Cent of GDP."
with Anne C. Sibert. Financial Times. Leaders
page, 1 November 2006.
'Euro-isations' Would Confound the EU's Mean-Spirited Legal Nitpickers."
Comment on Georgi Angelo. "How to Gate-Crash the Eurozone." Europe's World (Autumn 2006). With Anne C. Sibert.
- "UK Facing Three-Pronged
Assault on its Labour market Flexibility." Financial
Times. Leaders & Letters page, 28 Sept. 2006.
not Correct a Distortion; It Is a Distortion." Financial
Times. Leaders & Letters page, 28 March 2006.
be Professional Economist." Financial
Times. Leaders & Letters page, 25/26 February 2006.
Times Leaders and Letters, 16 Sept. 2003, with
slight edits, under the heading "If anything is to to rescued from
Cancún, politics must take precedence over economics". Note: not
my heading. It doesn't make sense to me either.